One of our most reliable sources for happiness has got to be the humble brownie. But even though these gooey chocolate squares are a crowdpleaser everytime, finding a fail-safe recipe can be hard to come by. This recipe, developed by one of our bakers, uses our 1-for-1 Superfood Baking Mix to make the best fudgy, crispy gluten free brownies. So whether this is your first or one hundreth time making brownies from scratch, you can be confident this will be better than anything you’ve ever tried out of the box.
The Best Gluten-Free Brownies (Fudgy Middle, Crispy Top)
- 1 cup (150 g) QSB 1-for-1 Superfood Baking Mix
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) dark chocolate
- 3/4 cups (130g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (90g) brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (20g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (100g) unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk (or milk alternative)
- 1 tsp salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F or 180C and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Using a double boiler, melt the butter and chocolate together in a large bowl, stirring occasionally with a spatula. Once melted, take the mixture off the heat and let it cool for 2 minutes.
3. Add both sugars to the bowl with the chocolate/butter mixture and whisk together.
4. Add the eggs, one at time, stirring/folding between to make sure each is fully incorporated. Add the remaining eggs repeating the same process. Once all the eggs have been, pour in the vanilla extract.
5. In a medium bowl, mix the cocoa powder and salt together and then add it to the chocolate batter.
6. Finish by adding the baking mix and milk then fold gently until just combined. It’s important not to overmix so you don’t end up with cake-like brownies.
7. Using a spatula, pour the batter into the lined pan. The batter should be nice and thick, so make sure you spread it into all the corners and smooth out the top.
8. Bake for 28-34 minutes depending on how gooey you like them. If you like them fudgy, take them out just when the centre stops to jiggle or a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out dirty. For a firmer brownie, the toothpick should come out just a little wet.
Recipe Developed by Fernanda, Queen St. Bakery Baker and brownie aficionado.
Recipes you might like
These easy protein squares are completely fuss free, gluten free and dairy free. Plus they’re less than 100 calories per square.Like brownies but healthier. Thanks