Light, zesty and fresh, this cake combines blueberries and lemon for a delicious breakfast with coffee or an afternoon snack that goes best with a big spoon of greek yoghurt.
Thanks to our customer Sierra for sharing this delicious and healthy gluten free recipe.
Made gluten-free using our Queen St. Bakery 1-for-1 Superfood Baking Flour as a substitute for regular wheat flour.
Sierra’s Blueberry Lemon Crumb Bars (Gluten Free)
- 1 ½ cups GF oats
- 1 1/4 cups QSB 1-for-1 Superfood Baking Flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp extra flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Juice and zest of one additional lemon
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar and butter them mix until crumbly. Put aside 1 cup of the oat mixture for the topping of the bars.
3. Press remaining mixture into an 8×8 square baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown in colour.
4. In a small bowl, defrost the mixed berries and mash. Add the chia seeds and 1 tsp of lemon juice and combine. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes.
5. In a medium bowl, combine blueberries, the mixed berry/chia mixture, extra tbsp of flour and the lemon zest and juice gently. Spread over the baked crust and then sprinkle with the reserved oat mixture, patting down gently.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
Recipes you might like
These easy protein squares are completely fuss free, gluten free and dairy free. Plus they’re less than 100 calories per square.Like brownies but healthier. Thanks