Ginger Snaps are an all-time fall favourite of ours. There’s something so comforting that happens when you you taste that deliciously dark molasses flavour for the first time, followed up by a kick of ginger. This recipe, developed by Jordan (TheBizyBaker), uses our 1-for-1 Superfood Baking Mix for a gluten and dairy free version of this cookie staple. After just 8 minutes in the oven, your kitchen will be exploding with the aromas of fall.
Ginger Snaps (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 2 cups (300 g) QSB 1-for-1 Superfood Baking Mix
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 3/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup of Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Baking soda
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ginger (ground)
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- Pinch Black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Using a blender or a bowl and whisk, mix together oil, molasses, brown sugar and egg until you form a paste.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, spices and baking soda together.
4. Slowly combine the dry ingredients (flour) into the wet ingredients (paste) and mix well using a spatula.
5. Chill the batter in the fridge for 15 minutes.
6. Scoop the dough onto the lined baking sheet, aiming for 1.5 inch balls. Continue placing balls on the baking sheet 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 8 minutes in the pre-heated oven until cracked on top.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling wrack.
Recipes you might like
A genius change up to one of our go-to’s, these banana muffins won’t last past lunch. Lau from Lau’s Healthy Life created these mouthwatering muffins with
One of our most reliable sources for happiness has got to be the humble brownie. But even though these gooey chocolate squares are a crowdpleaser
We love banana bread, but sometimes it’s hard to justify a slice of something close to cake for breakfast. This recipe relies completely on the
We’re always on the hunt for a new recipe for chewy chocolate cookies! This recipe is a go-to for our Marketing Director Mark, which marries