A genius change up to one of our go-to’s, these banana muffins won’t last past lunch.
Lau from Lau’s Healthy Life created these mouthwatering muffins with the added twist of homemade jam baked right into the middle. We’d never heard it before, but now we don’t know if we can ever go back.
Gluten free, dairy free and vegan, this recipe uses Queen St. Bakery’s Superfood Baking Mix as a substitute for regular wheat flour.
Homemade Strawberry Jam and Banana Muffins (GF, DF, V)
- 1 + 1/4 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1 + 2/3 cup QSB Superfood Baking Mix
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup milk alternative
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Your fav jam (we used homemade)
1. Preheat your oven top 350F and line a muffins tin with liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Once incorporated well, fill up a lined muffin tin 1/3 up the sides.
3. Add a tbsp jam and add more mixture, enough to fill another 1/3 up the tin.
4. Add a few drops of jam to the top of your muffin batter and make a swirl on top.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350F until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let rest for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Recipe Developed by Lau, gluten free health and lifestyle blogger, recipe developer and naturopathic medicine student from Toronto. Check out her website here.