Whenever I smell tomatoes off the vine and basil, I think of the Tuscan sun! And when you pair those awesome summer tastes with other seasonal goodness, and then top it off with these glorious croutons, you have a company worthy meal that will bring everyone to the patio this summer!
Tuscan Bread Salad
- 4 Queen Street Bakery Artisan Buns
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Grapeseed Oil (or other mild oil)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 pounds (1 kg) Green Beans, blanched and cooled
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 1 can (19 oz/540mL) Cannellini Beans
- 1 cup Small Bocconcini
- 1 Medium Red Onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Pitted Black Olives
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut buns into small bite-sized cubed and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toast in oven for 5-6 minutes, tossing once. Remove from oven when golden.
- In a blender, combine all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large platter, arrange beans, tomatoes, beans, bocconcini, onion, olives and basil. Drizzle with dressing and toss lightly.
- Scatter croutons over dressing and serve with extra dressing on the side.
Note: These croutons are a great way to use leftover bread. Keep them in a bowl to snack on all day!!
Recipe Developed by Suzie Durigon, certified culinarian, culinary instructor, food blogger and chief taste tester.